What Wonders Will We See in 2018?
At the beginning of the year, Pastor Bill asked us to write down how we want to “experience the wonder of God” in 2018. The Bible is full of stories of the encounters people have had with God and the miracles that happened. The same God that parted the Red Sea for the Israelites and caused the Apostle Paul not to be harmed by the bite of a poisonous snake is alive in us today. So let’s stir up our faith by remembering what is possible with our God.
- Close encounters with God (Jeremiah 29:13, Matthew 5:8, James 4:8)
- Answers to prayer (John 14:13-14, Romans 8:32, 1 John 5:14-15)
- Wisdom (James 1:5)
- Escape from temptation (1 Corinthians 10:13)
- Rescue from enemies (Psalm 140)
- Power over the devil (Mark 16:17, Luke 10:17, James 4:7)
- Financial provision (Matthew 6:32-33)
- Joy in God's presence (Psalm 16:11)
- Ability to hear God’s voice (John 10:4-5)
- Healing (Matthew 10:8, Mark 16:17-18)
- Miracles (John 14:12)
- God’s forgiveness (1 John 1:9)
- Comfort during grief and restoration of joy (Psalm 30:11, 2 Corinthians 1:3-4)
- Having the right words to say when needed (Luke 12:11-12)
- Gifts of the Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:7)
- Knowing things before they happen (John 16:13)
- Dreams and visions (Acts 2:17)
- Having the ability to do good in all situations (2 Corinthians 9:8)
- The Holy Spirit dwelling inside us (Acts 2:38-39, Romans 8:11)
There are so many wonders to consider among the treasures in God’s storehouses. The list could go on for pages and pages.
But God is not a snack machine into which you can just “insert a prayer” and “get what you want”. Jesus explained the miracles that he did like this: “I can of myself do nothing… I do not seek my own will but the will of the Father who sent me.” (John 5:19, John 5:30, John 12:49)
As we draw close to God in prayer and bible study and fasting, God will draw near to us, and he will show us what to do and what to pray. It's when we are praying and acting on our heavenly Father's will that miracles happen.